You have the joy of your life; you have your kid in your hands and the first job that will give you and your baby ultimate benefit is breastfeeding. For mothers, it will assist in returning their uterus to the normal condition, reduce the risk of getting various kinds of cancer, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and also aid with weight loss post-delivery. For babies, it will reduce the risk of different types of ailments like diabetes, allergies, gut infection, respiratory-related infections, obesity, urinary tract diseases, and many more. Also, breast milk is termed as a fabulous food for babies that can easily be digested and also gives lifesaving nutrients.
Breastfeeding needs mothers to make some adjustments in the routine, and the important one is altering your dressing style for swift and discreet boob access. If you are not ready for this then getting dressed for nursing a baby could become complicated. You may require to feed the baby at any point during the day regardless of your existence in any location. Hence knowing what to wear is crucial, but knowing what not to wear, is much more important.
The difficulty of breastfeeding with regular clothes:
New mothers must know that normal clothes are not ideal for breastfeeding. Their bodies would have changed a lot after getting pregnant and after the baby is born. Normal clothes create many issues for the mothers that directly impacts the young ones. Hence it is very important to know what could be the potential problems that a mother could face while breastfeeding especially when in public places.
Below are the hiccups of wearing regular clothes instead of maternity wears:
1. You will feel embarrassed to feed your baby if the need comes while in any public place and this may create a huge problem for you in crunch situations.
2. Regular clothes will not support your breasts, which will cause you to have saggy breasts.
3. You would need to carry milk bottles everywhere with you.
4. You could feel uncomfortable without having the right access to your breasts and also end up in a situation to lift your clothes to get access to the breasts while breastfeeding.
5. As your body would undergo many changes after giving birth, you would find it difficult in fitting in these clothes and also end up even difficulty in breathing if you wear tight clothes.
Different types of regular clothes and their problems:
- Dresses like T-shirts require pulling over from the head. Hence if you wear such kind of dress especially with no buttons, you will have to take off your entire dress over from the head to get access to your breasts. You will face a problem with any tight jumpsuits or tops that do not have the first layer underneath. Wearing normal tanks will not give you easy access to boobs thus creating a problem for you to nurse the baby.
- Wearing regular bra also will not give you the optimal level of comfort while breastfeeding. They are very difficult to strap down and provide room for feeding in public and make breastfeeding sessions very uncomfortable. This can haunt you especially when in public as it will not provide a sense of discreetness and could lead to too much embarrassment. Regular bras’ also do not provide adequate support to your breasts that may cause your breasts to become saggy over time.
- If you wear your clothes with light or flimsy fabrics especially during earlier stages of breastfeeding where the milk would be at the peak, leaking could cause a severe issue. Not having nursing pads could create leaking accidents and again cause an extreme level of embarrassment.
- Wearing tight shirts or any dresses could also create a problem for both mom and baby. While it could be very difficult for you to get access to the breast and also babies may find it difficult to feed with these tight dresses for a sufficient amount of time. Not having multiple layered dresses will make your life extremely difficult while feeding.
- If You wear any special type of off the shoulder or one shoulder dress then you may require to find any special area for you to feed the baby as removing the dress entirely could be the only feasible option. This implies the same as the glittering party dresses.
Different types of breastfeeding clothes:
Clothes that are designed for breastfeeding come in different shapes and sizes and offer an optimal level of comfortless and discreetness to the nursing moms. A major factor to look out while buying breastfeeding or maternity clothes is the ease of access that it provides while nursing the baby. As they are available in different shapes and sizes you can look for fashions of your choice.
Nursing bra – This is among the most basic and crucial items that mothers should invest in. It can give appropriate support as they will have flaps that are very easy to open and give easy access whenever there is a necessity to feed your baby.
Nursing tops – They come in different sizes and shapes and are designed to have discreet openings which will give you very easy access to breasts without embarrassing the mother and providing the best level of comfort to the baby. These specially designed nursing tops give cover to the belly area and also give space for the child to rest while feeding.
Nursing Dresses or shirts – You can never go out of fashion while breastfeeding your baby while attending any events with specially designed nursing sweatshirts/dresses.
Maternity clothing online stores have made breastfeeding more relaxed for every mother by providing them a power of choice. It has allowed them to wear fashionable clothes which will surely match their exclusive needs without compromising on comfort or style. Shop nursing wear, maternity clothes online at Boobie Juice By Design and never settle for something that won’t satisfy you and your baby’s comfort levels.